San Francisco Bicycle Accident Lawyers and Personal Injury Attorneys
The Top-Rated San Francisco Bicycle Accident Lawyers and Personal Injury Attorneys Who Will Get You The Compensation You Deserve For Your Bike Accident Injury Claim
- Ranked 2022 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by – Expertise.com
- 2020 Top 20 Personal Injury Settlements in California Award Winner – TopVerdict.com
- Ranked Among The 5 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by – KevsBest.com
- Ranked 2022 Northern California Super Lawyer by – SuperLawyers.com
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, trust your case to our award-winning San Francisco Bicycle Accident Injury Law Firm – We will fight to obtain the best outcome for your bicycle accident injury claim
Free Consultation – Speak With One of Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers Today – Call (415) 334-4111
How our experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyers can help you obtain the compensation you deserve if you were injured in a bicycle accident
The bicycle accident lawyer you choose to represent you in a bicycle crash, bicycle injury, or bicycle accident case, can make a substantial difference in maximizing both the value and success of your case. Choosing the right bicycle accident injury lawyer is crucial, and experience matters. The Hassell Law Group is independently ranked among the best accident and personal injury attorneys in San Francisco and The Bay Area, having won numerous professional awards and accolades. With an undefeated record at trial, and over 85 years of combined legal experience, we are experts at resolving bicycle accident claims in our clients’ favor.
Some of the steps we take include:
- Investigating the accident and facts
- Preserving evidence
- Visiting the accident scene and taking photographs
- Locating any video cameras which may have captured the accident
- Interviewing witnesses
- Preserve GPS Data
- Retaining top bicycle accident reconstruction experts if necessary to help prove liability
Our attorneys protect the rights of bicyclists injured in accidents
Often the negligent party will try to blame the bicyclist for the accident, however, our attorneys take action to hold the negligent parties accountable.
We are highly skilled trial lawyers with the credibility and reputation to demand and negotiate the maximum compensation available for you. Year after year, The Hassell Law Group is independently ranked among the best accident lawyers and personal injury attorneys in San Francisco and The Bay Area. We have helped bicycle crash victims get the compensation they deserve and are entitled to.
Our firm’s attorneys are members of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition a bicycle safety advocacy organization at the forefront of the fight to make our streets safer for bicyclists. We continually support their efforts to make our streets safer for bicyclists.
We offer a free bicycle accident consultation, and we have an outstanding record of success in obtaining compensation for injured bicycle accident victims
We offer a free no-cost consultation, and we will handle your case on a contingency fee basis, which means you hire us at NO risk to you. There are NO attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for you. We are paid out of what we recover.
Don’t settle your bicycle accident injury claim for less than it’s worth. Call our office for a free case evaluation today at (415) 334-4111
San Francisco has a dangerously high rate of bicycle accidents
According to the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles, each year in California, over 100 bicyclists are killed and over 10,000 are injured in collisions. Bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists, and it is important for both to pay attention to traffic signs and signals to reduce the risk of collisions while on the road.
What should you do after a bicycle accident?
These are 12 important steps to take after you have been in a bicycle accident:
Vigorously documenting any evidence after a bicycle accident is key to obtaining proper compensation for your injuries. Here are some important steps to take:
- Dial 911 to summon the Police to the accident scene and get a Traffic Collision Report.
- Make sure to record all contact information and insurance information for the other party as well as any witnesses who saw the accident.
- At the accident scene, take numerous photographs of your bicycle, the other vehicles involved, the accident scene, and your injuries.
- Do not discuss the accident with the other party or make any statements about the accident to them.
- Seek medical treatment at the scene of the accident or immediately thereafter
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company (nor give a recorded statement to your own or their insurance company) or the other party involved in the accident.
- Do not make any statements unless your attorney is present.
- Do not discard damaged property such as your helmet, bicycle, ripped clothing, broken eyeglasses, and any other damaged personal items.
- Document any after-effects of the accident, and make sure to go to all your medical appointments.
- Do not provide a recorded statement to any insurance companies. You are not legally obligated to do so without your lawyer present.
- Hire a well-qualified bicycle accident lawyer to represent you.
- Do not talk to insurance adjusters. An insurance adjuster may be friendly but is certainly not your friend. Their job is to look after the insurance company’s bottom line and pay as little as possible to settle your bicycle accident claim. Insurance adjusters should be referred directly to your bicycle accident lawyer.
Who is usually at fault if a bicycle is involved in an accident?
In California, bicyclists must follow most of the same traffic laws as other vehicle operators, which means any party involved in the accident including the bicyclist can be deemed at fault, or partially at fault for causing an accident. California Vehicle Code Section 21200 governs where and how bicyclists must operate.
What are the main causes of bicycle accident injuries?
Many bicycle accidents are caused by inattentive and reckless automobile drivers
- Distracted driving
- Being “doored” by an inattentive motorist opening their car door
- Struck by a vehicle making a right turn
- Sideswiped by a vehicle passing
- Rear-ended by a vehicle
- Dangerous roadway conditions (potholes, road construction, etc.)
What are the most common injuries to cyclists in bicycle accidents?
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Hand, Arm, Leg, and Foot injuries
- Knee injuries
- Psychological Injuries including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Due to the overall lack of impact protection afforded by bicycles, bicyclists often sustain serious injuries in bicycle accidents. When serious injuries happen, you need highly skilled bicycle accident lawyers on your side, and we can help you.
Why do I need a lawyer for a bicycle accident injury claim?
Insurance companies who insure negligent drivers causing these accidents will try to minimize payment to bicyclists who are injured in bicycle accidents and may even deny your claim completely. Hiring a reputable bicycle accident lawyer from the start is always the wisest choice. Our injury attorneys have expert knowledge of California bicycle law and your bicycle accident claim’s true value. If the insurance companies refuse to acknowledge fault, or if they refuse to pay fair compensation to our clients, we will litigate the claim. Insurance companies will not likely want to engage in a protracted and costly legal fight with our firm and risk greater financial loss as a result. No billion-dollar insurance company will ever push our clients around.
When should I hire a bicycle accident lawyer?
It is always best to hire a personal injury attorney immediately after a bicycle accident when injuries have occurred. The sooner you hire a lawyer to file a bicycle accident claim the more likely that your case will have a successful outcome.
Why The Hassell Law Group are the best lawyers to represent you in your bicycle accident injury case
We have an outstanding record of success in recovering compensation for injured bicycle accident victims. We are San Francisco bike accident lawyers and personal injury attorneys with a longstanding reputation for being determined and relentless fighters for our clients. We hold an outstanding record of success for Bay Area bicycle accident victims.
For this reason, hiring our top-rated attorneys who are experienced in California bicycle accident law is your best option, and costs you nothing upfront. We have a longstanding reputation for being tenacious fighters for our clients and have consistently achieved outstanding case results in bicycle accident injury cases. If a just and proper settlement cannot be reached with the insurance company, we can file a lawsuit and litigate the case on your behalf. When The Hassell Law Group represents you, the insurance company will know you mean business.
What types of compensation can I recover after a bicycle accident?
These are some common types of compensation that can be recovered in your bicycle accident claim:
- Compensation for current and future medical bills
- Compensation for current and future lost wages, and loss of earning capacity
- Compensation for pain and suffering, emotional distress
- Compensation for disability, disfigurement, and rehabilitation
- Compensation for loss of consortium for your spouse
- Compensation for damage to any of your personal property
Will I have to go to Court after my bicycle accident?
Most bicycle accident and personal injury claims settle without a court trial. A bicycle accident case may go into litigation if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, or if the parties cannot agree on who was at fault for the accident.
Most bicycle accident cases are resolved by a settlement before a court trial. However, if a fair settlement cannot be reached with the responsible insurance company, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to recover fair compensation for you. Insurance companies are fully aware of our winning reputation and our high-level legal skills. In most cases, insurance companies will not take the risk of incurring substantial losses in a trial against us.
How long do I have to file a bicycle accident claim?
In the state of California, there is a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the bicycle accident if your claim is against a private individual or against a company employing them. If your claim involves a public entity such as a City, County, or State (for example, a pothole in the road causes your accident or you are hit by a City bus), you have only six months from the date of the accident under California law to prepare and file a formal notice of your claim. If the public entity rejects your claim, you have only six months from their rejection to file a lawsuit. The short answer is the sooner you make a claim, the better the likely outcome of your bicycle accident case.
The general information provided on this website should not be considered legal advice and does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, you should consult directly with an attorney. If you contact us by telephone, email, letter, or by contact form submission through this website, please note that such communication does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship. We cannot act as your attorney until we are hired as your attorney by a formal written agreement.