San Francisco Bicycle Accident Lawyers and Personal Injury Attorneys
Top-Rated San Francisco Bicycle Accident Lawyers and Personal Injury Attorneys Ready To Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve For Your Bicycle Accident Injury Claim
- Ranked 2021 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by Expertise.com
- 2020 Top 20 Personal Injury Settlements in California Award Winner TopVerdict.com
- Ranked Among The 5 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by KevsBest.com
- Ranked 2021 Northern California Super Lawyer by SuperLawyers.com
Trust Your Case To Our Award-Winning San Francisco Bicycle Accident Law Firm-We Fight Every Step of The Way To Obtain The Best Outcome For Your Bicycle Accident Injury Claim
Free Consultation – Speak With One of Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers Today – Call (415) 334-4111
How our experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyers can help you obtain the compensation you deserve if you were injured in a bicycle accident
The bicycle accident lawyer you choose to represent you in a bicycle crash, bicycle injury, bicycle accident case can make a substantial difference in maximizing both the value and success of our case. Choosing the right bicycle accident injury lawyer is crucial, and experience matters. The Hassell Law Group is independently ranked among the best accident and personal injury attorneys in San Francisco and The Bay Area, having won numerous professional awards and accolades. With an undefeated record at trial and over 85 years of combined legal experience, we are experts in resolving bicycle accident claims in our clients’ favor.
We will work to investigate and preserve preserve evidence in your case. We can take steps including:
- Visiting the accident scene and taking photographs
- Locate any video cameras which may of captured the accident
- Interview witnesses
- Preserve GPS Data
- Retain top bicycle accident reconstruction experts to help prove liability
We take the necessary steps to prove liability and protect your legal rights. Often the other party will try to blame you for the accident, however we take action to hold the negligent parties accountable.
We are highly skilled trial lawyers with the credibility and reputation to demand and negotiate the maximum compensation available for you. Year after year, The Hassell Law Group is independently ranked among the best accident lawyers and personal injury attorneys in San Francisco and The Bay Area. We have helped countless bicycle crash victims get the compensation they deserve and are entitled to.
Our firm’s attorneys are members of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition a bicycle safety advocacy organization at the forefront of the fight to make our streets safer for bicyclists. We continually support efforts to make our streets safer for bicyclists.
We offer a free consultation and we will handle your case on a contingency fee basis, which means you hire us at NO risk to you. There are NO attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you. We are paid out of what we recover.
Don’t settle your bicycle accident injury claim for less than it’s worth. Call our office today at (415) 334-4111
Let us focus on getting you compensated so you can focus on getting your life back together with peace of mind knowing that our award winning legal team is working to maximize the success of your case.
We have an outstanding record of success obtaining compensation for injured bicycle accident victims
Bicycle Safety: San Francisco has a dangerously high rate of bicycle accidents
San Francisco and The Bay Area are some of the most beautiful and scenic areas in the country to ride a bicycle. Unfortunately, our roads have become extremely congested and dangerous with many reckless, inattentive, and distracted drivers. Drivers who disregard the rules of the road and endanger bicyclists must be held accountable when they cause bicycle accident injuries. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a bicycle accident, or if a loved one has been killed in a bicycle accident, let our bike injury attorneys ensure the driver is held accountable.
Bicycle accidents have risen sharply in recent years. From 2014-2018, there were 2,958 bicycle collisions in San Francisco alone, which resulted in 15 fatalities. As more bicyclists take to our roads in warmer weather, the likelihood of bicycle-related accidents increases. Statistics show that urban bicycle accidents tend to happen more frequently, and these accidents result in more serious injuries to the bicyclist. Approximately 70 percent of all fatal bike accidents happen in our nation’s cities. Cities like San Francisco have much more heavily traveled roads and less flexibility to install bicycle safety features than suburban and rural areas. San Francisco is currently ranked as the 4th most dangerous U.S. city for bicyclists.
Should I hire a lawyer for a bicycle accident injury claim?
Insurance companies who insure the negligent drivers causing these accidents will try to minimize payment to bicyclists who are injured in bicycle accidents and may even deny your claim completely. Hiring a reputable bicycle accident lawyer from the start is always the wisest choice. Our personal injury attorneys have expert knowledge of California bicycle law and your bicycle accident claim’s true value. If the insurance companies refuse to acknowledge fault, or if they refuse to pay fair and just compensation to our clients, we will litigate the claim. Insurance companies likely will not likely want to engage in a protracted and costly legal fight with our firm and risk large financial losses as a result. No billion-dollar insurance company will ever push our clients around.
When should I hire a bicycle accident lawyer?
It is always best to hire a personal injury attorney immediately after a bicycle accident with injuries has occurred. The sooner you file a bicycle accident claim the more likely that your case will have a successful outcome.
Why we are the best lawyers to represent you in your bicycle accident injury case
We have an outstanding record of success recovering compensation for injured bicycle accident victims. We are San Francisco bike accident lawyers and personal injury attorneys with a longstanding reputation of being determined and relentless fighters for our clients, and we hold an outstanding record of success for Bay Area bicycle accident victims.
For this reason, hiring our top-rated attorneys who are highly experienced in bicycle accident law is your best option, and costs you nothing upfront. We have a longstanding reputation of being tenacious fighters for our clients and we have consistently achieved outstanding case results in bicycle accident injury cases. If a just and proper settlement cannot be reached with the insurance company, we can file a lawsuit and litigate the case on your behalf.
Common causes of bicycle accidents in the San Francisco Bay Area:
Many bicycle accidents are caused by inattentive and reckless automobile drivers
- Distracted driving
- Being “doored” by an inattentive motorist opening their car door
- Struck by a vehicle making a right turn
- Sideswiped by a vehicle passing
- Rear-ended by a vehicle
- Dangerous roadway conditions (potholes, road construction, etc.)
What are common injuries sustained in bicycle accidents?
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Hand, Arm, Leg, and Foot injuries
- Knee injuries
- Psychological Injuries including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Bicyclists often sustain serious injuries in bicycle accidents
How do I file a bicycle accident injury claim and protect my legal rights after a bicycle accident?
Asserting your rights and vigorously documenting any evidence after a bicycle accident is a key to obtaining proper compensation for your injuries. Here are some important steps to take:
- Dial 911 to summon the Police to the accident scene and get a Traffic Collision Report.
- Make sure to record all contact information and insurance information for the other party as well as any witnesses who saw the accident.
- At the accident scene, take numerous photographs of your bicycle, the other vehicles involved, the accident scene, and your injuries.
- Do not discuss the accident with the other party or make any statements about the accident.
- Seek medical treatment at the scene of the accident or immediately thereafter
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company (nor give a recorded statement to your own insurance company) or the other party involved in the accident.
- Do not make any statements unless your attorney is present.
- Do not discard damaged property such as your helmet, bicycle, ripped clothing, broken eyeglasses, and any other damaged personal items.
- Document any after-effects of the accident, and, make sure to go to all your medical appointments.
- Do not provide a recorded statement to any insurance companies. You are not legally obligated to do so without your lawyer present.
- Hire a well-qualified bicycle accident lawyer to represent you.
- Do not talk to insurance adjusters. An insurance adjuster may be friendly but is certainly not your friend. Their job is to look after the insurance company’s bottom line and pay as little as possible to settle your bicycle accident claim. Insurance adjusters should be referred directly to your bicycle accident lawyer.
What types of compensation can I recover after a bicycle accident?
These are some common types of compensation that can be recovered in your bicycle accident claim:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future lost wages, and loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress
- Compensation for disability, disfigurement, long term care, and rehabilitation
- Loss of consortium for your spouse
- Compensation for damage to any of your personal property
In California, can I recover financial damages if I was partially at fault for a bicycle accident?
Yes, California’s comparative negligence system allows those partially to blame for a bicycle accident in California to recover financial damages from any other party who is also at fault. Parties that have the majority of the fault can still recover, but any compensation for their damages will be reduced by their percent of the fault for the accident. For example, if you are 60% at fault for the accident, you can only recover 40% of your damages.
Will I have to go to Court after my bicycle accident?
Most bicycle accident and personal injury claims settle without a court trial. A bicycle accident case may go into litigation if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, or if the parties cannot agree on who was at fault for the accident.
The vast majority of bicycle accident cases are resolved through a settlement before a court trial. However, if a proper and just settlement cannot be reached with the responsible insurance company, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to recover fair compensation for you. Insurance companies are fully aware of our winning reputation and our high-level legal skills. In most cases, they will not take the risk of incurring substantial losses in a trial against us.
How long do I have to file a bicycle accident claim?
In the state of California, there is a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the bicycle accident. If your claim involves a public entity such as a City, County, or State, you have only six months from the date of the accident under California law to prepare and file a formal notice of your claim. If the public entity rejects your claim, you have only six months from their rejection to file a lawsuit. The short answer is, the sooner you make a claim, the better the likely outcome of your bicycle accident case.
What should I do if I have been injured in a bicycle accident?
You should receive representation from top-rated bicycle accident lawyers and bike crash attorneys who ensure that all your damages are pursued and that you receive the best possible outcome. We have helped countless bicyclists who have been injured in bicycle accidents get the compensation they deserve. Let us help you, contact our law office today at (415) 334-4111 for a free consultation.
The general information provided on this website should not be considered legal advice and does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, you should consult directly with an attorney. If you contact us by telephone, email, letter, or by contact form submission through this website, please note that such communication does not create or constitute an attorney client relationship. We cannot act as your attorney until we are hired as your attorney by a formal written agreement.