BICYCLE ACCIDENT CASE RESULTS
- The Hassell Law Group obtains $500,000 result for bicyclist injured by a motorist on Grizzly Peak. The car driver denied responsibility for the accident. There were no witnesses to the accident. The bicyclist was helmeted but sustained a head injury, wrist fractures, fractured fingers, cuts on both hands, a fractured tooth, and a fractured left elbow. No surgeries were required.
- The Hassell Law Group secures $290,000 result for client in his 60’s in Santa Cruz who went over his handlebars when a parking lot attendant accidentally lowered a gate arm in front of the bicyclist, causing him to slam on his brakes. The client sustained a radial head fracture in his elbow on his non- dominant arm that required surgery. The client’s medical bills were around $35,000. (June 2016)
- The Hassell Law Group obtains $244,000 result for a bicyclist who was struck by a car and sustained dental injuries.
- The Hassell Law Group obtains $215,000 result in San Francisco bike accident case where a driver pulled out of a driveway and struck a cyclist causing aggravation of a prior hip condition and required surgery. The bicyclist was on the wrong side of the road going the wrong way when hit. (2008)
- The Hassell Law Group secures $85,000 result for an unhelmeted bicyclist struck by a motorist, despite the police report being against the bicyclist.
- The Hassell Law Group secures the maximum amount allowed in a binding arbitration against a State Farm insured in a bike accident case where the car driver refused to accept responsibility for the accident.