Top Rated San Francisco Bicycle Accident Lawyers and Injury Attorneys
Trust Your Case To Our Award-Winning San Francisco Bicycle Accident Law Firm-We Fight Every Step of The Way To Obtain The Best Outcome For Your Case
- Ranked 2021 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by Expertise.com
- 2020 Top 20 Personal Injury Settlements California Award Winner TopVerdict.com
- Ranked Among The 5 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by KevsBest.com
- Ranked 2021 Northern California Super Lawyer by SuperLawyers.com
If you are seriously injured in a bike accident, we are San Francisco Bicycle Accident lawyers you can count on to protect your best interests. The bicycle accident lawyer you choose to represent you in a bicycle accident case can make a substantial difference in maximizing the value and success of your case. Choosing the right bicycle accident lawyer is crucial, and experience matters. The Hassell Law Group is consistently ranked among the best accident and personal injury lawyers in San Francisco and The Bay Area, having won numerous professional awards and accolades. With an undefeated record at trial and over 85 years of combined legal experience, we are experts in resolving personal injury claims in our clients’ favor.
We are top-level negotiators and highly skilled trial lawyers who will demand the very maximum compensation available for our clients. The Hassell Law Group has been consistently ranked among the best bicycle accident and personal injury lawyers in San Francisco and The Bay Area. We have helped countless bicycle accident victims get the compensation they deserve and are entitled to.
Don’t settle your bicycle accident case for less than it’s worth.
At our firm, we work on a contingency fee basis and there are NO attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you. We are paid out of what we recover.
An outstanding record of success for bicycle accident victims
We are San Francisco bike accident lawyers with a longstanding reputation of being determined and relentless fighters for our clients and we hold an outstanding record of success for Bay Area bicycle accident victims. If you have been seriously injured in a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to substantial compensation.
Our recent results include a $500,000 settlement for a bicyclist injured by a motorist on Grizzly Peak. The car driver denied responsibility for the accident. There were no witnesses to the accident. The bicyclist was helmeted but sustained multiple injuries which did not require surgery.
Have our Top Rated San Francisco law firm represent you in your bicycle accident case – and let the insurance company know you mean business. We will fight every step of the way to obtain the best possible outcome for your case.
Call our office today at (415) 334-4111 for a FREE CONSULTATION.
Bicycle Accidents in San Francisco & The Bay Area
San Francisco and The Bay Area are some of the most beautiful and scenic areas in the country to ride a bicycle. Unfortunately, our roads have become extremely congested and dangerous with many reckless, inattentive, and distracted drivers. Drivers who disregard the rules of the road and endanger bicyclists need to be held accountable when they cause bicycle accident injuries. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a bicycle accident, or if a loved one has been killed in a bicycle accident, we will ensure the driver is held accountable. The lawyers at The Hassell Law Group are all members of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition, the premier San Francisco organization advocating for safer roads for bicyclists.
Bicycle accidents have risen sharply in recent years. From 2014-2018, there were 2,958 bicycle collisions in San Francisco alone, which resulted in 15 fatalities. As more bicyclists take to our roads in warmer weather, the likelihood of bicycle-related accidents increases. Statistics show that urban bicycle accidents tend to happen more frequently, and result in more serious injuries to the bicyclist. In fact, approximately 70 percent of all fatal bike accidents happen in our nation’s cities. Cities like San Francisco have much more heavily-traveled roads and less flexibility to install bicycle safety features than suburban and rural areas. San Francisco is currently ranked as the 4th most dangerous U.S. city for bicyclists. The most common causes of bicycle accidents are driver inattention, failure to yield, rider inattention, dangerous road conditions, and riding at night. More than half of all bicycle accidents occur at night when visibility is reduced. Bicycle Safety has become a concern as more bicyclists take to our roads.
Obtaining maximum compensation for bicycle accident victims
The insurance companies who insure negligent drivers often try to get out of paying bicyclists who are injured bicycle accidents and may even deny your claim completely. For this reason, hiring our top-rated lawyers who are highly experienced in all areas of bicycle accident law is your best option, and costs you nothing upfront. We have a longstanding reputation of being tenacious fighters for our clients and we have consistently achieved outstanding case results in bicycle accident injury cases. If a just settlement cannot be reach with the insurance company, we can file a lawsuit and litigate the case on your behalf.
What should I do if I have been injured in a bicycle accident?
When involved in a bicycle accident that results in injury, it is important that you receive representation from top-rated bicycle accident lawyers who ensure that all your damages are pursued and that you receive the best possible outcome. Delays in obtaining legal counsel on your case can reduce the value of your case. We have helped countless bicyclists who have been injured in bicycle accidents get the compensation they deserve. Let us help you.
What you do just after being injured in a bicycle accident can have a very significant impact on your case. Hiring a lawyer immediately is your best option. Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers and personal injury attorneys will fight to ensure you are compensated and get the best possible outcome. Contact us now for a free no-obligation consultation and case evaluation.
Damages that are recoverable after a bicycle accident include:
- Current and Future Medical bills
- Current and Future Lost wages
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress
- Compensation for disability and disfigurement
- Current and Future Loss of earning capacity
- Future medical bills and long-term care if needed
- Loss of consortium for your spouse
- Compensation for damage to any of your personal property
Recommended steps to take if you have been injured in a bicycle accident:
- Call the Police, and get a Traffic Collision Report. (Dial 911) and wait for a Police Officer to arrive at the scene so that you can file an accident report, even if you don’t think you have been injured in the bicycle accident. Often people don’t realize they are injured until several hours or days after a bicycle accident has occurred. Make sure to tell the Police and the 911 operator of any symptoms you are having. Be sure the Police interview you and the party who hit you and any witnesses who saw the accident. Tell the police officer all of the details of what happened. Takedown the responding officer’s name and badge number. A Police report will be important later when pursuing a claim against the insurance company of the party who hit you.
- Make sure to record all contact information and insurance information for the other party as well as any witnesses who saw the accident. Take down the license plate number, names, and phone numbers on your phone in a note-taking app, or simply text or email those details to yourself. If you are injured ask a bystander to do it for you. Get the insurance company name and policy number for the party who hit you. Write down as many details of the accident as soon as possible after so you don’t forget them over time. Include everything the other driver and any witnesses said or told you, anything you said, how the accident happened, and any symptoms you have.
- Take photographs. Take pictures of the bicycle accident scene, the position of the vehicle, any damage to the bicycle, the vehicle, the license plate of the vehicle, and the driver’s license and other party’s insurance card, as well as of any visible injuries or bleeding you have. If possible, take pictures of the vehicle that hit you before it is moved out of the roadway.
- Don’t discuss the accident with the other party or make any statements about the accident. Many drivers will seem nice at the time and will even admit fault only to later deny they hit you or say that you were to blame for the accident. Make a note of anything they say to you or you overhear them telling others. Good note-taking can be very useful in pursuing your claim.
- Seek immediate medical treatment at the scene of the accident. Ask the Police to call for paramedics to take you to the hospital. When you arrive at the hospital, tell the doctors and medical staff what happened and detail all of your symptoms, pain, and injuries. Be sure to go into full detail about any and all areas of your body that are injured, hurting, or require any medical attention.
- Do not talk to the driver’s insurance company (or give a recorded statement to your own insurance company) or the other party involved in the accident. Do not discuss your case with anyone without first consulting your lawyer. What may appear to be an innocent remark on your part as to how the accident occurred, or how you were injured, can be distorted or changed by others – especially the other party’s insurance company. If anyone does contact you about your case, refer that party to our office or consult with us before you answer any questions.
- Do not provide a recorded statement. Do not provide a recorded statement to your insurance company or the other party’s insurance company unless your lawyer is present. You are not legally obligated to provide a statement without your lawyer being present. Do not sign any papers without having your lawyer review them first.
- Hire an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer. The highly skilled bicycle accident lawyers at The Hassell Law Group will position your case for the best possible outcome.
- Don’t discard damaged property such as ripped clothing, broken eyeglasses, and any other damaged personal items. Don’t clean your clothing. These items can be critical evidence your lawyer may need later to prove and win your claim.
- Record any after-effects of the accident, and be sure to go to all medical appointments. It is recommended that you keep a journal each day of your pain, injuries, and each doctor’s visit and related medical appointments.
- Document Everything. Documenting your medical care, any medical payments you make, pain and symptoms, all will be of value to you in your case. Record them while they are fresh in your mind. Make a record of your injuries and complaints you have. Be sure to keep track of:
- Any prescribed treatment
- Any physical limitations, sleep issues, headaches, dizziness, bleeding, or other injury symptoms
- Any pain and suffering including when it occurs – when bending, sitting, etc.
- Whether or not you can work, or work without pain
- When you first return to work, document your condition at that time and whether or not you are able to perform your regular duties
- Medical Expenses: Be sure you inform our office of the names and addresses of all doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers that have treated you as a result of the bicycle accident. If you spend money on prescriptions or medical supplies, be sure to obtain receipts. The medical expenses you incur are an important factor to determine and prove the extent of the injuries you have sustained and the value of your claim. In order to settle your claim, we will need any bills and receipts you have received. We will request medical records directly from your medical providers.
- Loss of Earnings and Dates Missed from Work: Be sure to document any total and partial days missed from work. Insurance companies won’t pay for wage loss unless the time off of work was authorized by a medical provider. Make sure to get your medical provider to write you a disability slip for all periods of work missed following an accident. Insurance companies also may not pay for time off of work if the time is taken long after the accident occurred unless authorized by your medical provider. If you need to take time off work due to your injuries, take time off immediately following the accident and get a doctor’s note in order to ensure that you will recover those lost wages. We will also need to have the name and address of your employer at the time of the accident so they can verify the loss of earnings. If you or a loved one have been injured in a bicycle accident, you need skilled legal representation to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our office as soon as possible after a bicycle accident has occurred.
The general information provided on this website should not be considered legal advice and does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, you should consult directly with an attorney. If you contact us by telephone, email, letter, or by contact form submission through this website, please note that such communication does not create or constitute an attorney client relationship. We cannot act as your attorney until we are hired as your attorney by a formal written agreement.