South San Francisco California Car Accident Lawyers
With Over 85 Years of Combined Legal Experience, You Can Trust Your Case to Our Award-Winning South San Francisco Car Accident Lawyers
We Fight Every Step of the Way to Obtain the Best Outcome for Your Car Accident Case
Free Consultation. Speak with One of Our South San Francisco California Car Accident Lawyers Today:
Call us at: (415) 334-4111
How We Help South San Francisco Car Accident Victims Obtain the Compensation They Deserve for Their Injuries
- We are top-rated South San Francisco, California car accident lawyers. Our priority is to help you recover just compensation for your injuries and property damage. You may be entitled to substantial compensation, and we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
- For over 20 years, our highly skilled South San Francisco auto accident lawyers have fought aggressively to hold negligent drivers and their insurers accountable to our clients who have unjustly suffered serious injuries and trauma in auto accidents.
- The auto accident law firm you choose to represent you in your car accident case can make a substantial difference in maximizing both the value and success of your car accident case. We work to maximize the value and success of your case.
- We are top-level negotiators and highly skilled trial lawyers who will demand the maximum compensation available for our clients.
- The Hassell Law Group is ranked among the best car accident lawyers in San Francisco and The Bay Area.
- We have helped countless car accident victims get the compensation they deserve.
- With an undefeated record at trial and arbitration, we are experts in successfully resolving car accident claims in our clients’ favor.
- We handle your case on a contingency fee arrangement, which means we get paid a percentage of the recovery only after your case is successfully resolved. So there is no financial risk to you. If there is no recovery, there is no fee.
- We consistently obtain excellent case results for our seriously injured clients.
What Should I Do If I Am Involved In A Car Accident In South San Francisco?
- Do Dial 911 to summon the Police to the accident scene and get a Traffic Collision Report. Remain at the scene and be as calm and focused as possible.
- Do make sure to record all contact information and insurance information for the other party and any witnesses who saw the accident.
- Do take extensive photographs of the vehicles, the accident scene, and your injuries.
- Do seek emergency medical treatment at the accident scene or immediately afterward. Your injuries may not yet be immediately apparent, and it is best to seek an immediate medical evaluation right away.
- Do hire a qualified Car Accident Lawyer to represent you. To protect your legal rights and financial interest, hire an experienced car accident lawyer with deep knowledge of the law.
- Do document any after-effects of the accident in a journal, and make sure to go to all medical appointments.
- Do refer all insurance company representatives, including insurance adjusters, directly to your lawyer.
- Do not discuss the accident with the other party or make any statements about the accident, except to the Police.
- Do not admit fault. Car accidents are complex, and a Court can only determine the fault. You may not be at fault for the accident even if you initially think you are.
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company (or give a recorded statement to your own insurance company) or the other party involved in the accident. Do not make any statements unless your car accident lawyer is present. Refer all insurance company inquiries directly to your car accident lawyer.
- Do not discard damaged property such as a helmet, bicycle, ripped or bloodied clothing, broken eyeglasses, or other damaged personal items. These items are evidence to support your claim.
- Do not provide a recorded statement to any insurance company. You are not legally obligated to and should not do so without your lawyer present.
- Do not speak with any insurance adjuster or other insurance company representatives. An insurance adjuster may be friendly but is certainly not your friend. Their job is to look after the insurance company’s bottom line and pay as little as possible to settle your car accident claim. It is best if you refer insurance adjusters directly to your lawyer.
What To Do After A South San Francisco Car Accident Checklist
✔ Stop your vehicle and remain at the scene of the accident
✔ Call 911 and summon the Police to the accident scene, and obtain a Traffic Collision Report
✔ Take detailed photos of the accident scene, damaged vehicles, and your injuries
✔ Gather the names and contact information for any witnesses
✔ Seek medical treatment directly at the accident scene or immediately after that
✔ Contact an experienced Car Accident Lawyer for assistance
Common Causes of Car Accidents in South San Francisco
- Distracted Driving. Distracted Drivers Are the Top Cause of Car Accidents
- Running Red Lights
- Running Stop Signs
- Reckless Driving
- Aggressive Driving
- Driving Under The Influence of Drugs or Alcohol
- Driver Fatigue
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Unsafe Lane Changes
- Illegal Turns
- Wrong-Way Driving
How To Protect Your Legal Rights After A Car Accident In South San Francisco
Protecting your legal rights after a car accident is crucial to help you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Here are the key steps to take to protect your rights after a car accident:
Document the Accident Scene: Take as many detailed photographs of the car accident scene as possible. A single photograph may ultimately help prove liability in your case.
Call The Police: Dial 911 and summon the Police to the accident scene. The Police will investigate the accident and write a Traffic Collision Report. It is best to note the responding officer’s name and badge number.
Do Not Admit Fault: Never admit fault, even if you initially think you are at fault. Car accident victims are often traumatized immediately after a car accident. You may ultimately not be at fault when the accident is investigated. Erroneously admitting fault can damage your case and any potential financial compensation.
Do Not Discuss the Accident with The Other Driver: At fault, drivers may try to convince you not to call the Police. They may say they will pay for your damages, only to change their story afterward and blame you for causing the accident.
Obtain The Names of Witnesses: obtaining contact information for witnesses who saw the accident occur can be extremely helpful in proving liability and recovering compensation.
Seek Medical Attention at the Scene of The Accident: Car accident victims are often traumatized at the scene, with a high amount of adrenaline in their system due to the extreme stress. Therefore, it is best toaccept immediate medical treatment at the accident location and be taken directly to a hospital emergency department for evaluation. Often time’s your injuries may not be immediately apparent, yet may become more pronounced over time.
Obtain An Estimate Of The Cost To Repair Your Vehicle: Once you have tended to your injuries and are well enough to do so, it is time to estimate the costs to repair your vehicle. A detailed repair estimate will support the property damage portion of your car accident claim.
Complete All Medical treatment: It is central to your case to complete all of the prescribed medical treatment. An ongoing medical diagnosis, medical reports, and medical treatment for your injuries are central to your injury claim.
Hire A Car Accident Lawyer: Insurance companies are not there to advocate for fair and just compensation for your injuries. It’s just the opposite. Insurance companies have a team of attorneys and claims adjusters who focus on minimizing your injuries and paying out as little as possible to settle your claim. Therefore, attempting to negotiate with an insurance company on your own is highly unwise. Hiring a skilled car accident lawyer will ensure that your claims are fully pursued by an expert with deep knowledge of the law. Claims handled by car accident lawyers often resolve for far higher settlement amounts than those of individuals who attempt to represent themselves.
When Should I Hire A South San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer?
It is always best to talk to an experienced car accident lawyer immediately after tending to your injuries. A skilled car accident lawyer will give you sound legal advice on your car accident case, investigate your car accident, and position your case for the best possible outcome.
Why Choose Hassell Law Group to Handle South San Francisco Car Accident Case?
There are many car accident lawyers in Northern California, but do they have the experience and the reputation necessary to obtain the best possible outcome for your case? Our team of car accident attorneys has over 85 years of combined legal experience and experience matters. The Hassell Law Group will investigate your case and position it for the best possible outcome. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, we will litigate your car accident case on your behalf. We work diligently to maximize the value and success of your case. You can heal and recover from your injuries with peace of mind knowing that our legal team is working to maximize the value and success of your case.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future wage loss
- Compensation for pain and suffering, emotional distress
- Compensation for disability or disfigurement
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of consortium for your spouse
- Compensation for all damage to your vehicle and the loss of use of your vehicle
What Happens if the Person Who Hit Me Has Little or No Insurance?
Even with California’s laws requiring that each driver have automobile insurance coverage, some drivers are uninsured. Additionally, many drivers only have minimum insurance coverage, which is not enough to cover a car accident victims’ medical bills, loss of income, pain, suffering, and other damages. Suppose an uninsured or underinsured driver injures you or a loved one, what happens then? In that case, you may be able to file a claim under your auto insurance policy’s uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
The general information provided on this website should not be considered legal advice and does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, you should consult directly with an attorney. If you contact us by telephone, email, letter, live chat, or contact form submission through this website, please note that such communication does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship. We cannot act as your attorney until we are hired by a formal written agreement.