San Francisco Scooter Accident Lawyers and Injury Attorneys
Award-Winning San Francisco Lawyers Who Specialize In Scooter Accidents
- Ranked 2021 Best Personal Injury Attorneys In San Francisco By Expertise.com
- Ranked Among The 5 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by KevsBest.com
- 2020 California Top 20 Personal Injury Settlements Award Winner TopVerdict.com
- Ranked 2021 Northern California Super Lawyer by SuperLawyers.com
Free Consultation – Speak With One of Our Scooter Accident Attorneys Today – Call (415) 334-4111
An outstanding record of success for Scooter accident victims
We are top rated San Francisco scooter accident lawyers, and our priority is to help you recover just compensation for your injuries and property damage. If you or a loved one have suffered serious injuries in a scooter accident, you have very likely incurred large medical bills, as well as the loss of income from the time you need to take off from your work to recover from your injuries. You may be entitled to substantial compensation and we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
For over 20 years, our highly skilled San Francisco personal injury lawyers have fought aggressively to hold negligent drivers and their insurers accountable to our clients who have unjustly suffered serious injuries and trauma in scooter accidents. The auto accident law firm you choose to represent you in your scooter accident case can make a substantial difference in maximizing both the value and success of your case.
We are top-level negotiators and highly skilled trial lawyers who will demand the maximum compensation available for our clients. With an undefeated record at trial, The Hassell Law Group has been consistently ranked among the best accident and personal injury lawyers in San Francisco and The Bay Area. We have helped scooter accident victims get the compensation they are entitled to. With an undefeated record at trial and over 85 years of combined legal experience, we are experts in resolving scooter accident claims in our clients’ favor.
If you or a loved one are the victim of a traffic collision and have been seriously injured, or if a loved one has suffered a wrongful death in a scooter crash, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Don’t settle your scooter accident case for less than it is worth. Call our office today at (415) 334-4111
We provide a free consultation and we work on a contingency fee basis. There are NO attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you.
Scooter use in San Francisco and The Bay Area has grown steadily and so have Scooter accidents
Electric Scooters have grown tremendously in popularity over the past several years. Scooters are a fun, low-cost, convenient, and environmentally friendly way to get around San Francisco and the Bay Area. Scooter rentals are readily available in San Francisco and the Bay Area from companies such as Lime, Bird, and Uber’s Jump scooters. Unfortunately along with their growing popularity, Electric Scooter accidents are spiking nationwide. A January 2020 Forbes Magazine article indicates that Scooter accidents increased by 222% and nearly 3,300 people were admitted to US Hospitals due to Scooter-related injuries from 2014-2018, an increase of 365% from the prior period. Researchers from the University of California San Francisco who compiled a report on Scooter accidents published in The Journal of American Medical Association Surgery, stated these numbers are very concerning because scooter accident victims have a high proportion of head injuries, which the study noted can be very dangerous. San Francisco currently ranks the 4th most dangerous city for bicycle accidents, a metric that does not bode well for Scooter riders.
Common causes of Scooter accidents
Many Scooter accidents are caused by poorly maintained streets or dangerous road conditions, by aggressive, inattentive, or distracted automobile drivers, or by electric scooter malfunction/maintenance issues. Public entities and property owners who fail to maintain roadways, sidewalks, and parking lots, drivers who disregard the rules of the road and endanger others, and scooter rental companies who fail to properly maintain their scooters need to be held accountable when they cause injury. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a scooter accident, or if a loved one has been killed in a scooter accident, we can help you hold the negligent party accountable. The injury lawyers at The Hassell Law Group will fight to get you the compensation you are entitled to. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Obtaining Compensation for Scooter Accident Victims
The insurance companies who insure negligent parties often try to get out of paying you and may even deny your claim. For this reason, hiring our top-rated lawyers who are experienced in all areas of scooter accident law is your best option, and costs you nothing up-front. We have a longstanding reputation as tenacious fighters for our clients.
Hiring the right lawyer to represent you in a Scooter accident claim
When involved in a scooter accident that results in injury, it is essential that you receive representation from top-rated lawyers who are highly experienced in all areas of Scooter accident law. The Scooter accident lawyers at The Hassell Law Group will pursue all of your claims and ensure you are properly compensated. Delays in obtaining legal counsel on your case can reduce the value of your case. The best decision you can make is to hire a skilled lawyer immediately. We have helped countless people who have been injured in Scooter accidents get the compensation they deserve. Let us help you.
What you do just after being injured in a scooter accident can have a very significant impact on your case. Hiring an experienced lawyer immediately is your best option. Our Scooter Accident Lawyers will fight to ensure you are compensated and your case achieves the best possible outcome. Please contact our office today for a free no-obligation consultation and case evaluation.
Damages that are recoverable after a scooter accident include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress
- Compensation for disability and disfigurement
- Loss of earning capacity
- Future wage loss
- Future medical bills and long-term care if needed
- Loss of consortium for your spouse
- Compensation for damage to any of your personal property
Recommended steps to take after you have been in a Scooter accident:
- Call the Police, and get a Police report. (Dial 911) and wait for a Police Officer to arrive at the scene so that you can file an accident report, even if you don’t think you’re injured. Often people don’t realize they are injured until several hours or days after a Scooter accident has occurred. Make sure to tell the Police and the 911 operator of any symptoms you are having. Be sure the Police interview you and the party who hit you and any witnesses who saw the accident. Tell the police officer all of the details of what happened. Take down the responding officer’s name and badge number. A Police report will be important later when pursuing a claim against the insurance company of the party who hit you.
- Make sure to record all contact information and insurance information for the other party as well as any witnesses who saw the accident. Take down the license plate number, names, and phone numbers on your phone in a note-taking app, or simply text or email those details to yourself. If you are injured ask a bystander to do it for you. Get the insurance company name and policy number for the party who hit you. Write down as many details of the accident as soon as possible so you don’t forget them over time. Include everything the other driver and any witnesses said or told you, anything you said, how the accident happened, and any symptoms you have.
- Take photographs. Take pictures of the accident scene, the position of the vehicle, any damage to the scooter, the license plate of the vehicle, and the driver’s license and other party’s insurance card, as well as of any visible injuries or bleeding you have. If possible, take pictures of the vehicle that hit you before it is moved out of the roadway.
- Don’t discuss the accident with the other party or make any statements about the accident. Many drivers will seem nice at the time and will even admit fault only to later deny they hit you or say that you were to blame for the accident. Make a note of anything they say to you or you overhear them telling others. Good note-taking can be very useful in pursuing your claim.
- Seek immediate medical treatment at the scene of the accident. Ask the Police to call for paramedics to take you to the hospital. When you arrive at the hospital, tell the doctors and medical staff what happened and detail all of your symptoms, pain, and injuries. Be sure to go into full detail about any and all areas of your body that are injured, hurting, or require any medical attention.
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company (or give a recorded statement to your own insurance company) or the other party involved in the accident. Do not discuss your case with anyone without first consulting your lawyer. What may appear to be an innocent remark on your part as to how the accident occurred, or how you were injured, can be distorted or changed by others – especially the other party’s insurance company. If anyone does contact you about your case, refer that party to our office or consult with us before you answer any questions.
- Do not provide a recorded statement. Do not provide a recorded statement to your insurance company or the other party’s insurance company unless your lawyer is present. You are not legally obligated to provide a statement without your lawyer being present. Do not sign any papers without having your lawyer review them first.
- Hire an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer. The highly skilled scooter accident lawyers at The Hassell Law Group will position your case for the best possible outcome.
- Don’t discard damaged property such as ripped clothing, broken eyeglasses, and any other damaged personal items. Don’t clean your clothing. These items can be critical evidence your lawyer may need later to prove and win your claim.
- Record any after-effects of the accident, and be sure to go to all medical appointments. It is recommended that you keep a journal each day of your pain, injuries, and each doctor’s visit and related medical appointments.
- Document Everything. Documenting your medical care, any medical payments you make, pain and symptoms, all will be of value to you in your case. Record them while they are fresh in your mind. Make a record of your injuries and complaints you have. Be sure to keep track of:
- Any prescribed treatment
- Any physical limitations, sleep issues, headaches, dizziness, bleeding or other injury symptoms
- Any pain and suffering including when it occurs – when bending, sitting, etc.
- Whether or not you can work, or work without pain
- When you first return to work, document your condition at that time and whether or not you are able to perform your regular duties
- Medical Expenses: Be sure you inform our office of the names and addresses of all doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers that have treated you as a result of the Scooter accident. If you spend money on prescriptions or medical supplies, be sure to obtain receipts. The medical expenses you incur are an important factor to determine and prove the extent of the injuries you have sustained and the value of your claim. In order to settle your claim, we will need any bills and receipts you have received. We will request medical records directly from your medical providers.
- Loss of Earnings and Dates Missed from Work: Be sure to document any total and partial days missed from work. Insurance companies won’t pay for wage loss unless the time off of work was authorized by a medical provider. Make sure to get your medical provider to write you a disability slip for all periods of work missed following an accident. Insurance companies also may not pay for time off of work if the time is taken long after the accident occurred unless authorized by your medical provider. If you need to take time off work due to your injuries, take time off immediately following the accident and get a doctor’s note in order to ensure that you will recover those lost wages. We will also need to have the name and address of your employer at the time of the accident so they can verify loss of earnings. If you or a loved one have been injured in a Scooter accident, you need skilled legal representation to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our office as soon as possible after a scooter accident has occurred.
The general information provided on this website should not be considered legal advice and does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, you should consult directly with an attorney. If you contact us by telephone, email, letter, or by contact form submission through this website, please note that such communication does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship. We cannot act as your attorney until we are hired as your attorney by a formal written agreement.