San Francisco Motorcycle Accident Lawyers and Injury Attorneys
Top Rated San Francisco Motorcycle Accident Lawyers and Personal Injury Attorneys
Trust Your Case To Our Award-Winning San Francisco Motorcycle Accident Law Firm-Our Winning Legal Team Will Fight Every Step of The Way To Obtain The Best Outcome For Your Case
- Ranked 2021 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by Expertise.com
- Ranked Among The 5 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by KevsBest.com
- 2020 California Top 20 Personal Injury Settlements Award Winner TopVerdict.com
- Ranked 2021 Northern California Super Lawyer by SuperLawyers.com
Free Consultation – Speak With One of Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Today – Call (415) 334-4111
We help motorcycle accident victims recover the compensation they deserve
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, our San Francisco law firm can help get you the compensation you deserve. The lawyer you choose to represent you in a motorcycle accident case can make a substantial difference in maximizing the value and success of your motorcycle accident case. Choosing the right legal team to protect your interests is absolutely crucial, and experience matters. The Hassell Law Group is consistently ranked among the best accident and personal injury lawyers in San Francisco and The Bay Area, having won numerous professional awards and accolades. With an undefeated record at trial and over 85 years of combined legal experience, we are experts in resolving personal injury claims in our clients’ favor.
We are top-level negotiators and highly-skilled trial lawyers who will demand the maximum compensation available for our clients. With an undefeated record at trial, The Hassell Law Group has been consistently ranked among the best Motorcycle accident and personal injury lawyers in San Francisco and The Bay Area. We have helped numerous motorcycle accident victims get the compensation they are entitled to.
Don’t settle your motorcycle accident case for less than it’s worth. Call our office today for a free consultation (415) 334-4111.
At our firm we work on a contingency fee basis, and there are NO attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident, or if a loved one has been killed in a motorcycle accident, you need skilled legal representation to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our office as soon as possible after a motorcycle accident has occurred. Let us help you.
We hold an outstanding record of success recovering compensation for motorcycle accident victims
We are San Francisco motorcycle accident lawyers with a longstanding reputation of being determined and tenacious fighters for our clients and we hold an outstanding record of success for Bay Area motorcycle accident victims. If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to substantial compensation.
Our results include:
- The Hassell Law Group wins $4,677,244 court judgment in San Mateo County in a serious motorcycle accident where the motorcyclist was hit by a car driving on the wrong side of the road. The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries, including multiple broken bones requiring surgeries.
- The Hassell Law Group secures $525,000 result in a dangerous road condition case where a motorcyclist hit a pothole at night in a turn lane on the roadway and suffered a spleen injury that required spleen removal.
- The Hassell Law Group obtains a $500,000 insurance policy limit for a motorcyclist who suffered a serious leg injury after being hit by an elderly motorist in Santa Cruz County. The Hassell Law Group obtained this result despite the fact that the police report was against the motorcyclist.
- The Hassell Law Group obtains a $437,500 settlement for a scooter operator who was hit by a car and suffered a loss of consciousness, a hand fracture, and an ankle tendon injury that required surgery.
Have our San Francisco law firm represent you in your motorcycle accident case – and let the insurance company know you mean business. We will fight every step of the way to obtain the best possible outcome for your motorcycle accident case.
Call our office today at (415) 334-4111 for a FREE CONSULTATION.
Motorcycle accidents in San Francisco and The Bay Area
San Francisco and The Bay Area are some of the most beautiful and scenic areas in the country to ride a motorcycle. Unfortunately, our roads have become congested and dangerous with many reckless, inattentive, and distracted drivers. Drivers who disregard the rules of the road and endanger others should be held accountable when they cause injury.
Motorcyclists are often not at fault in traffic accidents. Many accidents occur due to their reduced profile and thus the reduced visibility of a motorcycle, and also due to reckless or distracted automobile drivers. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured, or if a loved one has been killed in a motorcycle accident, we will help you and hold the negligent driver accountable.
Motorcycle accident victims often sustain serious injuries
Motorcycles are inherently more dangerous than cars. Motorcycles account for just 3% of all registered vehicles on the road, yet they account for a disproportionately high number of traffic fatalities and serious injuries. California leads the nation in the number of registered motorcycles with over 800,000. In 2017, 16,505 motorcycle accidents occurred nationally resulting in 15,527 injuries and 5,172 deaths. Motorcyclists are thus far more likely to be involved in a crash that causes death or serious injury. Motorcycle accidents are inherently more dangerous for riders than car accidents are, because motorcycle riders are not seat belted, not surrounded by protective steel, and riders are often thrown from the motorcycle during a collision often resulting in devastating injuries.
Motorcyclists are 27 times more likely to die in an accident than a driver in a car accident, and 5 times more likely to be seriously injured in a motorcycle accident. Approximately 80% of motorcycle accidents result in injury or death each year. 60% of all motorcycle accidents occur after sunset.
Motorcycle safety is key to preventing serious injuries in a motorcycle accident
Motorcycle safety is essential for the rider, and exercising proper precautions such as these can help decrease accidents and injuries:
- Wearing a high-quality helmet while riding
- Wearing both protective and reflective clothing
- Don’t ride after drinking alcohol
- Obey traffic laws
- Watch for road obstacles
- Exercise extra caution when riding after sunset
We recover just compensation for motorcycle accident victims
Insurance companies for negligent drivers often try to limit or reduce the amount of money they pay motorcyclists or even deny your claim entirely. For this reason, hiring the highly experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at The Hassell Law Group is your best option, and costs you nothing upfront. We have a longstanding reputation of being tenacious fighters for motorcyclists, and we consistently achieve outstanding case results for our clients. There are no attorney’s fees unless we recover. There is no risk to you by hiring us.
If involved in a motorcycle accident that results in injury, you will need representation from top-rated lawyers who are highly experienced in all areas of motorcycle accident law. The motorcycle accident lawyers at The Hassell Law Group will ensure that all of your claims are asserted and you are properly compensated. Delays in obtaining legal counsel can reduce the value of your case. Hire a lawyer immediately. We have helped countless people who have been injured in motorcycle accidents get the compensation they deserve. Let us help you.
Damages that are recoverable after a motorcycle accident include:
- Current and Future Medical bills
- Current and Future Wage Loss
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress
- Compensation for disability and disfigurement
- Loss of earning capacity
- Future medical bills and long-term care if needed
- Loss of consortium for your spouse
- Compensation for damage to any of your personal property
Recommended steps to take after you have been in a motorcycle accident:
- Call the Police, and get a Traffic Collision Report. (Dial 911) and wait for a Police Officer to arrive at the scene so that you can file an accident report, even if you don’t think you’re injured. Often people don’t realize they are injured until several hours or days after a motorcycle accident has occurred. Make sure to tell the Police and the 911 operator of any symptoms you are having. Be sure the Police interview you and the party who hit you and any witnesses who saw the accident. Tell the police officer all of the details of what happened. Takedown the responding officer’s name and badge number. A Police report will be important later when pursuing a claim against the insurance company of the party who hit you.
- Make sure to record all contact information and insurance information for the other party as well as any witnesses who saw the accident. Take down the license plate number, names, and phone numbers on your phone in a note-taking app, or simply text or email those details to yourself. If you are injured ask a bystander to do it for you. Get the insurance company name and policy number for the party who hit you. Write down as many details of the accident as soon as possible so you don’t forget them over time. Include everything the other driver and any witnesses said or told you, anything you said, how the accident happened, and any symptoms you have.
- Take photographs. Take pictures of the accident scene, the position of the vehicle, any damage to the vehicle, the license plate of the vehicle, and the driver’s license and other party’s insurance card, as well as of any visible injuries or bleeding you have. If possible, take pictures of the vehicle that hit you before it is moved out of the roadway.
- Don’t discuss the accident with the other party or make any statements about the accident. Many drivers will seem nice at the time and will even admit fault only to later deny they hit you or say that you were to blame for the accident. Make a note of anything they say to you or you overhear them telling others. Good note-taking can be very useful in pursuing your claim.
- Seek immediate medical treatment at the scene of the accident. Ask the Police to call for paramedics to take you to the hospital. When you arrive at the hospital, tell the doctors and medical staff what happened and detail all of your symptoms, pain, and injuries. Be sure to go into full detail about any and all areas of your body that are injured, hurting, or require any medical attention.
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company (or give a recorded statement to your own insurance company) or the other party involved in the accident. Do not discuss your case with anyone without first consulting your lawyer. What may appear to be an innocent remark on your part as to how the accident occurred, or how you were injured, can be distorted or changed by others – especially the other party’s insurance company. If anyone does contact you about your case, refer that party to our office or consult with us before you answer any questions.
- Do not provide a recorded statement. Do not provide a recorded statement to your insurance company or the other party’s insurance company unless your lawyer is present. You are not legally obligated to provide a statement without your lawyer being present. Do not sign any papers without having your lawyer review them first.
- Hire an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer. The highly skilled motorcycle accident lawyer at The Hassell Law Group will position your case for the best possible outcome.
- Don’t discard damaged property such as ripped clothing, broken eyeglasses, and any other damaged personal items. Don’t discard your damaged motorcycle, motorcycle helmet, damaged motorcycle parts, or clean your damaged and bloody clothing. These items can be critical evidence your lawyer may need later to prove and win your claim.
- Record any after-effects of the accident, and be sure to go to all medical appointments. It is recommended that you keep a journal each day of your pain, injuries, and each doctor’s visit and related medical appointments.
- Document Everything. Documenting your medical care, any medical payments you make, pain and symptoms, all will be of value to you in your case. Record them while they are fresh in your mind. Make a record of your injuries and complaints you have. Be sure to keep track of:
- Any prescribed treatment
- Any physical limitations, sleep issues, headaches, dizziness, bleeding, or other injury symptoms
- Any pain and suffering including when it occurs – when bending, sitting, etc.
- Whether or not you can work, or work without pain
- When you first return to work, document your condition at that time and whether or not you are able to perform your regular duties
- Medical Expenses: Be sure you inform our office of the names and addresses of all doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers that have treated you as a result of the motorcycle accident. If you spend money on prescriptions or medical supplies, be sure to obtain receipts. The medical expenses you incur are an important factor to determine and prove the extent of the injuries you have sustained and the value of your claim. In order to settle your claim, we will need any bills and receipts you have received. We will request medical records directly from your medical providers.
- Loss of Earnings and Dates Missed from Work: Be sure to document any total and partial days missed from work. Insurance companies won’t pay for wage loss unless the time off of work was authorized by a medical provider. Make sure to get your medical provider to write you a disability slip for all periods of work missed following an accident. Insurance companies also may not pay for time off of work if the time is taken long after the accident occurred unless authorized by your medical provider. If you need to take time off work due to your injuries, take time off immediately following the accident and get a doctor’s note in order to ensure that you will recover those lost wages. We will also need to have the name and address of your employer at the time of the accident so they can verify loss of earnings.
What you do just after being injured in a motorcycle accident can have a very significant impact on your case. Hiring a lawyer immediately is your best option. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers will fight to ensure you are compensated and achieve the best possible outcome. Please contact our office today at (415) 334-4111 for a free no-obligation consultation and case evaluation.
The general information provided on this website should not be considered legal advice and does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, you should consult directly with an attorney. If you contact us by telephone, email, letter, or by contact form submission through this website, please note that such communication does not create or constitute an attorney client relationship. We cannot act as your attorney until we are hired as your attorney by a formal written agreement.