San Francisco Dog Bite Lawyers and Personal Injury Attorneys
San Francisco Dog Bite Lawyers and Top Personal Injury Attorneys Ready To Fight For You Today
- Ranked 2021 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by Expertise.com
- Ranked Among the 5 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by KevsBest.com
- 2020 California Top 10 Premises Liability Accident Settlements Award Winner TopVerdict.com
- Ranked 2021 Northern California Super Lawyer by SuperLawyers.com
Trust Your Case to Our Award-Winning San Francisco Dog Bite and Dog Mauling Lawyers-We Fight Every Step of the Way to Obtain the Best Outcome for Your Case
Free Consultation – Speak With One of Our Dog Bite/Animal Attack Attorneys Today – Call (415) 334-4111
The San Francisco and Bay Area Dog Bite Lawyers who help injured victims of dog bites and animal attacks
If you or a loved one are seriously injured by a dog bite or an animal attack, or if a loved one has died as a result of an animal attack, our San Francisco Dog Bite Lawyers can be counted on to protect your best interests. The dog bite lawyer you choose to represent you in a dog bite or animal attack case can make a substantial difference in maximizing the value and success of your case. Choosing the right lawyer is crucial, and experience matters. The Hassell Law Group is consistently ranked among the best accident and personal injury lawyers in San Francisco and The Bay Area, having won numerous professional awards and accolades. With an undefeated record at trial and over 85 years of combined legal experience, we are experts in resolving dog bite and dog mauling injury claims in our clients’ favor.
We are top-level negotiators and highly skilled trial lawyers who will demand the maximum compensation available for our clients. We have helped dog bite victims get the compensation they deserve and are entitled to, let us help you. Contact us today.
Don’t settle your animal attack case for less than it’s worth. Let us help you obtain the compensation you are entitled to. Call our office at (415) 334-4111 for a free case evaluation.
When you choose The Hassell Law Group to handle your case, we will:
- Investigate and gather evidence for your case
- Hire experts needed to prove your case
- Stand up to insurance companies and make them pay
- Advance legal costs for your case
- Litigate your case if necessary
- Answer all your questions related to your legal case
When you choose The Hassell Law Group, the insurance companies will know you mean business.
Click HERE to view some of our prior case results
We will handle your case on a contingency fee basis. There are NO attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you. We are paid out of what we recover.
Call our office to speak with a dog bite attorney today:
Dog Bite and Dog Mauling injuries in California and the San Francisco Bay Area
California leads the nation in dog bite attacks and resulting injuries, according to State Farm Insurance Company. According to the CDC, approximately 4.5 million dog bites occur each year, and 800,000 of those dog bites resulted in medical care being sought. Dogsbite.org, an organization that tracks and investigates fatal dog mauling’s, says that in 2019 there were 48 deaths nationwide from dog attacks, the highest on record. Nine of those fatal dog attacks were in California.
Unfortunately, Children, particularly young children are involved in a majority of these attacks. Young children often don’t understand that dogs can be dangerous. Even if children are just trying play with the dog, the resulting injuries from a dog bite can be devastating. When children are bitten by dogs, they tend to require more intensive and immediate medical care than adults. Children also have a higher likelihood of being victims of fatal dog attacks.
Dog Bites can cause very serious injuries
A vicious dog attack can happen quickly and without sufficient time to react or protect oneself or a loved one. Some common injuries associated with serious dog bites are:
- Deep skin puncture wounds
- Serious lacerations
- Disfigurement and permanent scars
- Nerve damage and paralysis
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Head, face, and neck injuries
- Bone fractures
Who is responsible for my injuries after a dog bite?
In California, any party who is negligent and contributes to a dog attack may be financially responsible for the resulting injuries.
- The dog’s owner
- The homeowner, property owners, or landlords
- The person minding or pet-sitting the dog
California law has a strict liability statute when it comes to dog attacks. Dog owners are responsible for the actions of their pets, even if they have shown no previous signs of aggression or violence. The only exceptions to this may be when the dog attack was provoked by cruelty toward the animal, or when a dog bites someone who was committing a crime or trespassing on the owner’s property. In the vast majority of cases, dog owners and other negligent parties can be held financially liable in addition to suffering other legal consequences associated with an attack.
California’s dog bites statute, California Civil Code Section 3342 explicitly states: “The owner of any dog is liable for the damages suffered by any person who is bitten by the dog while in a public place or lawfully in a private place, including the property of the owner of the dog, regardless of the former viciousness of the dog or the owner’s knowledge of such viciousness.”
We recover compensation for dog bite and mauling victims
The Hassell Law Group will seek to hold Dog owners and any other negligent parties fully responsible and accountable for the dog bite injuries you or a loved one sustained, including seeking damages for your pain, suffering, and trauma. Dog bite injury victims can seek compensation for damages including:
- Current and future medical bills & psychological treatment
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress
- Current and future wage loss
- Compensation for disability or disfigurement
- Compensation for damage to your personal property
Homeowner’s and renter’s insurance policies often cover dog attacks and dog bite injuries. Many of these insurance policies provide between $100,000 and $1,000,000 in liability coverage. However, if the dog owner is a tenant without insurance coverage, the victim can seek to hold the property owner liable for allowing a dangerous dog to stay on the premises. If the dog bite occurs on a commercial property, the business and/or property owner may be held accountable for your injuries.
What is California’s Statute of Limitations in a dog bite injury case?
California’s statute of limitations on dog bite cases is two years. This means that dog bite victims must file their lawsuit within two years from the date of the dog bite or attack. To obtain the best possible result in your case, we suggest having your lawyer file a claim as close to the date of the incident as possible.
What should I do after I have been injured in a dog bite attack?
If you have been injured in a dog bite attack or if a loved one has died as a result of such an attack, you or your family may be entitled to substantial compensation and damages. The Hassell Law Group will fight to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Call us now at (415) 334-4111 for a free consultation.
The San Francisco Dog Bite attorneys at The Hassell Law Group are experts in personal injury and premises liability law and know how to recover damages for people who are injured by the fault of others.
The Hassell Law Group has an undefeated record at trial and a longstanding reputation of being tenacious fighters for our clients.
See how we can help you, call us today:
What are the recommended steps to take immediately after a Dog Bite attack has occurred?
- Get immediate medical attention. Medical treatment is your priority. Dial 911 and request that paramedics be dispatched to the scene. Get seen right away at a hospital or other medical facility and provide a detailed description of your injuries.
- Gather evidence and witness names and contact information. Witnesses and other evidence including photos of your injuries, ripped, bloody and damaged clothing will help strengthen your case and prove liability. Do not wash or throw away and ripped, bloody, or damaged clothing as they are key pieces of evidence in your case.
- Report the incident to the Police and the property owner without delay, or make sure the report is made as soon as possible after the accident occurred. It is central to your claim. Dial 911 and summon the Police to the scene. Request that a Police Report be filed. Make note of the responding officer’s name and badge number.
- Contact an experienced dog bite lawyer. Experienced lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation of the circumstances surrounding your injuries and take steps to strengthen your claim, protect your legal rights, and position your case for the best outcome.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than your lawyer. Refer all parties who contact you regarding the accident directly to your lawyer.
The general information provided on this website should not be considered legal advice and does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, you should consult directly with an attorney. If you contact us by telephone, email, letter, or by contact form submission through this website, please note that such communication does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship. We cannot act as your attorney until we are hired as your attorney by a formal written agreement.