San Francisco Car Accident Lawyers and Personal Injury Attorneys With An Outstanding Record of Success For Car Accident Victims
- Ranked 2021 Best Car Accident Attorneys in San Francisco by Expertise.com
- Ranked Among The 5 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by KevsBest.com
- 2020 Award Winner- California Top 50 Motor Vehicle Accident Settlements TopVerdict.com
- Ranked 2021 Northern California Super Lawyer by SuperLawyers.com
Trust Your Case To Our Award-Winning San Francisco Car Accident Law Firm-We Fight Every Step of The Way To Obtain The Best Outcome For Your Case
How We Help San Francisco Bay Area Car Accident Victims
We are top rated San Francisco car accident lawyers, and our priority is to help you recover just compensation for your injuries and property damage. If you or a loved one have suffered serious injuries in a car accident, you have very likely incurred large medical bills and vehicle repair costs, as well as the loss of income from the time you need to take off from your work to recover from your injuries. You may be entitled to substantial compensation and we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
For over 20 years, our highly skilled San Francisco auto accident lawyers have fought aggressively to hold negligent drivers and their insurers accountable to our clients who have unjustly suffered serious injuries and trauma in auto accidents. The auto accident law firm you choose to represent you in your car accident case can make a substantial difference in maximizing both the value and success of your car accident case.
We are top-level negotiators and highly skilled trial lawyers who will demand the maximum compensation available for our clients. With an undefeated record at trial, The Hassell Law Group has been consistently ranked among the best car accident and personal injury lawyers in San Francisco and The Bay Area. We have helped countless car accident victims get the compensation they are entitled to. With an undefeated record at trial and over 85 years of combined legal experience, we are experts in resolving car accident claims in our clients’ favor.
If you or a loved one are the victim of a traffic collision and have been seriously injured, or if a loved one has suffered a wrongful death in a car crash, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Don’t settle your car accident case for less than it is worth.
We provide a free consultation and we work on a contingency fee basis. There are NO attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you.
An outstanding record of success for car accident victims
Some of our motor vehicle accident case results include:
- A $2,525,000 settlement for clients who were pedestrians involved in an accident caused by a commercial vehicle.
- A $1,750,000 settlement for a client rear-ended by a commercial truck sustaining spinal injuries that would require spinal surgery.
- A $998,000 settlement for a father and son injured by a negligent tow truck driver. The father required surgery for a tibia fibula fracture. Son suffered a fractured skull, a punctured lung, sutured spleen, liver laceration, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- A $707,000 settlement for a San Francisco physician who injured his neck in a rear-end collision in San Francisco. The client’s neck injury was non-surgical.
Why Choose our law firm to handle your car accident case?
We are Top Rated San Francisco car accident lawyers and trial attorneys with a longstanding reputation of being determined and tenacious fighters for our clients and we hold an outstanding record of success for Bay Area car accident victims. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to substantial compensation.
Have our San Francisco law firm represent you in your Bay Area car accident case – and let the insurance company know you mean business. We will fight every step of the way to obtain the best possible outcome for your case. Call our office today at (415) 334-4111 for a FREE CONSULTATION.
Obtaining compensation for car accident victims
When you hire our law firm, we demand full compensation for car accident victims. When in a serious car accident, it is important to have legal representation from top-rated San Francisco personal injury attorneys who are highly experienced in all areas of car accident law.
The attorneys at The Hassell Law Group ensure that all of your claims are pursued and that you are properly compensated. We fully investigate your car accident claim to prove liability, and we will obtain highly skilled experts to prove liability in court if necessary. Car accident victims who have our highly skilled trial lawyers on their side will stand a far better chance of obtaining the best possible settlement because the insurance companies and their adjusters are well aware of our longstanding reputation as skilled trial lawyers. We will fight for our clients every step of the way and it will cost the insurance company large amounts of money to engage in a long and protracted legal fight with us.
We know how to determine the value of your pain and suffering, as well as any long-term effects of your injuries and the economic value of the injuries you sustained in the car accident. We are well versed in all state and local laws governing personal injury and car accident cases, and we will hold the negligent parties to full account for the damages they caused you.
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions car accident victims often ask:
How do you protect your rights after a car accident?
Asserting your rights and vigorously documenting evidence after a car accident is key to obtaining proper compensation for your injuries. Here are some important steps to take:
- Dial 911 to summon the Police to the accident scene and obtain a Traffic Collision Report
- Make sure to record all contact information and insurance information for the other party as well as any witnesses who saw the accident
- Take photographs of the vehicles, the accident scene, and your injuries
- Do not discuss the accident with the other party or make any statements about the accident
- Seek medical treatment at the scene of the accident or immediately afterward
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company (or give a recorded statement to your own insurance company) or the other party involved in the accident. Do not make any statements unless your lawyer is present
- Do not discard damaged property such as helmet, bicycle, ripped clothing, broken eyeglasses, and any other damaged personal items
- Document any after-effects of the accident, and, make sure to go to all medical appointments
- Do not provide a recorded statement to any insurance companies. You are not legally obligated to do so without your lawyer present
- An insurance adjuster may be friendly but is certainly not your friend. Their job is to look after the insurance company’s bottom line and pay as little as possible to settle your car accident claim. Insurance adjusters should be referred directly to your lawyer
When Do I Need To Hire A Car Accident Lawyer?
After being injured in a car accident, some may be tempted to go it on their own and try to deal directly with the insurance company, but that would be extremely unwise. Billion-dollar insurance companies have a team of claims adjusters and attorneys whose only job is to find ways to deny your claim or to minimize your injuries and property damage while paying you the least amount possible to settle your claim. Going it alone, you will be at the mercy of the insurance company and their many tactics.
Hiring a reputable Car Accident lawyer from the start is the wisest choice. Your lawyer has deep knowledge of the law and your car accident claim’s true value. If the insurance companies refuse to acknowledge fault or if they refuse to pay fair and just compensation to our clients, we will litigate the claim. Insurance companies do not want to engage in a protracted legal fight with our firm and risk huge losses as a result. No billion-dollar insurance company will ever push us or our clients around.
What you do just after being injured in a San Francisco or Bay Area car accident can have a very significant impact on your car accident case. Hiring a top San Francisco car accident lawyer immediately is your best option. Our San Francisco Car Accident Lawyers will fight to ensure you are compensated and achieve the best possible outcome. Please call us today for a free consultation and case evaluation. (415) 334-4111
What Types Of Damages Are Recoverable After A Car Accident?
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future wage loss
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress
- Compensation for disability or disfigurement
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of consortium for your spouse
- Compensation for all damage to your vehicle, and the loss of use of your vehicle
What Are The Most Common Causes of Car Accidents In The San Francisco Bay Area?
- Distracted Driving. Distracted Drivers Are the Top Cause of Car Accidents.
- Running Red Lights
- Running Stop Signs
- Reckless Driving
- Aggressive Driving
- Driving Under The Influence of Drugs or Alcohol
- Driver Fatigue
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Unsafe Lane Changes
- Illegal Turns
- Wrong-Way Driving
What Are Common Injuries Sustained In Car Accidents?
The violent forces in an auto accident can cause serious injuries such as:
- Whiplash: muscle, ligament, and tendon injuries
- Back and Spine Injuries Including Herniated Disc Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Chest Injuries
- Facial Injuries
- Fractured Ribs
- Hand, Arm, Leg, and Foot Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Internal Bleeding
- Knee Injuries
- Psychological Injuries including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Will I Have To Go To Court After A Car Accident?
Most car accident and personal injury claims settle without a court trial. A car accident case may go to court if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement or if the parties cannot agree on who was at fault for the accident.
The vast majority of car accident cases are resolved through a settlement before a trial. However, insurance companies want to settle for as little money as possible. If a proper and just settlement cannot be reached with the insurance company, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to recover fair compensation for you. Insurance companies are fully aware of our longstanding reputation and high-level legal skills, and in most cases, they will not take the risk of incurring substantial losses in a trial against us.
How Long Do I Have For Filing A Car Accident Claim?
In the state of California, there is a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the car accident. If your claim involves a public entity such as a City, County, or State, you have only six months under California law to prepare and file a formal notice of your claim. If they reject your claim, you have only six months from the rejection to file a lawsuit. The short answer is the sooner you make a claim the better the likely outcome.
Is California A No-Fault Auto Insurance State?
No, California is not a no-fault auto insurance state. California follows at-fault negligence laws which means you must prove the person who injured you is liable for causing the accident before the responsible party’s insurance company is required to pay damages. We are experts in preparing your case and proving liability. Additionally, we work with some of the top experts in California to prove liability and damages.
What Happens If The Person Who Hit Me Has Little Insurance or No Insurance?
Even with California’s laws requiring that each driver have automobile insurance coverage, some drivers are uninsured. Additionally, a substantial number of drivers only have minimum insurance coverage which is not enough to cover an accident victims’ medical bills, loss of income, pain, suffering, and other damages. If injured by an uninsured or underinsured driver, you may be able to file a claim under your auto insurance policy’s uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
In California, Can I Recover Financial Damages If I Was Partially To Blame For A Car Accident?
Yes, California’s comparative negligence system says if you are partially to blame for a car accident in California, you may still recover financial damages from any other party who is also at fault. Parties that are liable for the majority of the fault can still recover, but any compensation for their damages will be reduced by their percent of the fault for the accident. For example, if you are 70% at fault for the accident, you can only recover 30% of your damages.
What Should I Look For When Choosing A Car Accident Lawyer?
The choice of a lawyer is critical for maximizing both the value and success of your car accident case. Experience matters.
Choosing a reputable car accident lawyer to represent you is essential. If you’ve recently been injured in a car accident, you’ll want a car accident lawyer to handle your claim, so you can focus on your recovery. A good car accident lawyer will:
- Investigate the accident and gather evidence to strengthen your injury case and your claimed damages
- Make sure all of the proper paperwork is filed promptly
- Provide you with legal advice regarding your car accident case and answer any questions you may have
- Determine your case value
- Negotiate from a position of strength with the insurance companies
- Represent you in mediation and court if necessary
A good car accident lawyer will have extensive experience handling car accident cases over many years and have substantial results on their prior cases. Additionally, a good car accident lawyer should be willing to handle your car accident claim on a contingency fee arrangement so it costs you nothing until a settlement has been achieved.
At The Hassell Law Group, we work relentlessly to achieve the best possible outcome for you car accident case. Call us today or submit your case through our Online Case Intake Form.
The general information provided on this website should not be considered legal advice, and does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, you should consult directly with an attorney. If you contact us by telephone, email, letter, or by contact form submission through this website, please note that such communication does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship. We cannot act as your attorney until we are hired as your attorney by a formal written agreement.