Aptos California Personal Injury Lawyers
Our Aptos Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help you recover the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries caused by accidents
Our personal injury lawyers handle cases in Aptos, California, and have over 100 years of combined legal experience helping clients recover compensation for their injuries and property damage. We seek the best possible outcome for every client.
- We are top-rated and highly skilled Aptos personal injury attorneys
- Our top-level lawyers are independently ranked among the Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by Expertise.com and KevsBest.com
- We maximize the success of our clients’ cases through our vigorous representation and effective legal strategies
The Hassell Law Group prioritizes client satisfaction and positive outcomes. If you’ve been unjustly injured by someone’s negligence or recklessness, we can help you recover the compensation you are entitled to.
In client cases, we are undefeated at trial and arbitration, making our winning team of attorneys the top choice for your personal injury claim.
Recent Personal Injury Case Results We Have Achieved For Our Clients:
- $4,900,000 result for our client in his mid 50’s who was seriously injured when his vehicle was T-boned by a cement truck
- $4,600,000 result for a Bay Area Physician who sustained a dominant hand impalement injury in a trip and fall accident on a landscaping rock that protruded into the walkway at a hotel property.
- $4,500,000 settlement for a client in her 60s hit by a vehicle while crossing in the crosswalk in San Francisco and suffered a traumatic brain injury.
- $2,525,000 result for clients who were pedestrians injured by a trailer pulled by a commercial vehicle.
- $1,500,000 result for a gentleman who tripped and fell on a box inside the entryway door of a market sustaining a femur fracture that required surgery. A claim for loss of consortium was made for his wife.
- $1,500,000 settlement for a rideshare driver in San Francisco injured by a reckless driver driving over twice the posted speed limit. The client required clavicle surgery.
What is Considered Personal Injury in California?
Accidents happen every day, but when your accident is caused by the negligent acts of another person or entity and you are injured, you meet the criteria for filing a personal injury claim in California. Personal injury claims are called tort claims, which is a civil wrong that harms someone.
There are legal standards for determining whether or not someone is liable for your accident and subsequent injury. California law states that if you can show the following three factors, you may be able to recover damages:
- The other party or entity owed a duty of care to you
- That they breached that duty of care by being negligent
- That your injuries were caused by their negligence
Building a personal injury case around these three factors requires expertise in the complexities of California law and the strict requirements of the civil court system. Our legal team has extensive knowledge and experience that translates into positive results for our clients.
How To Get Financial Compensation For A Personal Injury Claim
When you are ready to seek compensation for your injuries, you have options available to you. Negotiating a settlement or filing a lawsuit are the two most likely courses of action in your personal injury claim. Your personal injury attorney can lead these efforts on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering from your injuries.
The first steps involve gathering evidence, creating a record of events, speaking with witnesses, and obtaining medical records. There are requirements involving service of process, statutes of limitations, and discovery efforts. People who are not familiar with the legal system will likely find it difficult to carry out all the necessary steps, which is one way our skilled personal injury lawyers can help you recover compensation for your injuries. Building a solid case, setting up a claim, negotiating a settlement, filing a lawsuit, and litigating your case could all be steps toward obtaining financial compensation for your injuries.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover for an Injury in Aptos?
It is impossible to predict the exact amount of compensation you may receive in a settlement or judgement that may be awarded to you after a lawsuit. However, the attorneys at The Hassell Law Group can use their decades of experience to provide a reasonable approximation of what your case is worth by examining numerous factors specific to your situation.
In California, you can recover damages for:
- Current Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Compensation for disability or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium for your spouse
- Pain and suffering, and emotional distress
- Compensation for any property damage and loss of use of property
This list is not exhaustive by any means; there are many additional factors that may increase the amount of compensation you may be entitled to. If you have questions about what you can and cannot claim in your personal injury case, The Hassell Law Group has the answers. Contact us for a free consultation.
How Long Do You Have to File a Lawsuit for Personal Injury in California?
In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims against private persons or companies is two years from the date of the injury or accident. This means that you have two years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit in court. If you fail to file a lawsuit within this time frame, you may be barred from pursuing your claim. There are some very limited exceptions to this two-year time limit.
Additionally, if the injury was caused by a government entity or employee, there are much shorter time limits and specific procedural requirements that must be followed. If your claim involves a public entity such as a City, County, or State, you have only six (6) months under California law to prepare and file a formal notice of your claim. If they reject your claim, you have only six months from the rejection to file a lawsuit.
It is important to consult with our experienced personal injury lawyers immediately after an accident where injuries have occurred. This will ensure the best possible outcome and compensation, and that your case is pursued promptly.
How Long Does a Personal Injury Case Take to Settle?
The complexity of your case and the severity of your injuries play a substantial role in the amount of time your case will take to settle. Generally speaking, settling a case out of court takes less time than litigation in court, but there is no way to know ahead of time exactly how long either process will take.
The anticipated average time frame is between six months to three years, depending on the complexity of the case, severity of your injuries, and amount of available insurance coverage to cover the accident. If your injuries are serious and involve permanent disability or long recovery times, and substantial insurance coverage is available to cover the accident, your case may take longer to settle than a case involving less severe injuries.
However long it takes, our attorneys are ready to tackle your case and fight every step of the way for fair compensation for your injuries.
Types of Injury Cases Our Aptos Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
Personal injury encompasses a broad range of accidents, so it would be difficult to list every type of case that we handle. However, below is a sampling of the kinds of Aptos accident cases we take on:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip or Trip and Fall Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Burn Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Uber & Lyft Rideshare Accidents
- Stairway Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Wrongful Death
Common Injuries Caused by Aptos Personal Injury Accidents
Just as there are numerous types of cases that fall under the personal injury category, there are also many types of injuries that can be caused by such accidents. Almost any kind of injury can be caused by some type of personal injury accident, but the following are the most common injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain Injuries are a leading cause of personal injury claims due to their potential severity and life-changing effects.
- Spinal cord injuries: This type of injury is another top cause of lawsuits, and spinal cord injuries can be so severe that permanent paralysis or even death can occur.
- Broken bones: From slip and fall accidents to car accidents, broken bones are commonly caused by a variety of personal injury events and can impact a victim’s life significantly.
- Soft-tissue damage: This classification of injury includes sprains, strains, and bruising, and injury to spinal discs, all of which can cause pain and difficulty moving the affected body parts.
- Emotional distress and trauma: Invisible but extremely impactful, emotional and psychological damage is just as harmful as physical injury. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) commonly occurs in accident victims.
We offer accident victims a free consultation and work on a contingency fee basis. There is no fee unless we recover compensation for you.
We understand that attorney’s fees are a leading cause of victims not seeking the legal representation they desperately need. That’s why we work on our clients’ cases on a contingency fee arrangement. Clients pay nothing upfront.
Our legal fees are calculated based on a percentage of the compensation you recover. That means that if there is no successful recovery of damages, there is no fee, and you owe us nothing.
We want everyone who has been seriously injured to be able to access high-quality legal counsel for their personal injury case, and we have helped countless accident victims recover compensation for their injuries.
Contact us today for a free consultation and case evaluation.