San Francisco Slip and Fall and Trip and Fall Accident Lawyers
San Francisco Slip and Fall and Trip and Fall Accident Lawyers and Personal Injury Attorneys with an Outstanding Record of Success for Accident Victims
Trust Your Case to Our Award-Winning San Francisco Slip and Fall Accident and Trip and Fall Law Firm-We Fight Every Step of the Way to Obtain the Best Outcome for Your Case
- Ranked 2021 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by Expertise.com
- Ranked Among the 5 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in San Francisco by KevsBest.com
- 2020 California Top 10 Premises Liability Accident Settlement Award Winner TopVerdict.com
- Ranked 2021 Northern California Super Lawyer by SuperLawyers.com
San Francisco and Bay Area Slip and Fall and Trip and Fall Accident Lawyers Who Will Fight for You Every Step of the Way
If you are seriously injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident, we are San Francisco Personal Injury and Accident lawyers you can count on to protect your best interests. The lawyer you choose to represent you in an accident case can make a substantial difference in maximizing the value and success of your case.
Choosing the right slip and fall and trip and fall accident lawyer is crucial, and experience matters. The Hassell Law Group is consistently ranked among the best Premises Liability accident lawyers in San Francisco and The Bay Area, having won numerous professional awards and accolades. With an undefeated record in trial and over 85 years of combined legal experience, we are experts in resolving slip and fall and trip and fall claims in our clients’ favor.
We are top-level negotiators and highly skilled trial lawyers who will demand the very maximum compensation available for our clients. We have helped many slip and fall and trip and fall accident victims get the compensation they deserve and are entitled to.
Don’t settle your case for less than it’s worth.
At our firm, we work on a contingency fee basis and there are NO attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you. We are paid out of what we recover.
Call us today to speak to a slip and fall or trip and fall accident attorney:
Our outstanding record of success for slip and fall and trip and fall accident victims
Some of our slip and fall and trip and fall accident case results include:
- $4,600,000 result for a Bay Area Physician who sustained an impalement injury to their dominant hand in a trip and fall accident. The client tripped and fell on a landscaping rock that protruded into a walkway on a commercial property.
- $1,500,000 resultfor a 73-year-old retired man who tripped and fell on a box in the doorway of a market sustaining a femur fracture that required surgery. He suffered post-surgical complications and was hospitalized for 43 days. A claim for loss of consortium was made for his wife.
- $1,000,000 result for a 66-year old client who sustained a serious injury requiring three surgeries. She tripped and fell on a raised concrete walkway on a commercial property.
- $890,000 result in a contested liability construction site accident case where a site visitor, visiting someone at a job site, fell through an opening on the 2ndfloor sustaining an injury to his back that required surgery and placement of a titanium rod in his spine. The client also suffered fractures to both heels, one required casting.
- $825,000 settlement for a client who slipped and fell on a dangerous sidewalk in San Francisco and suffered serious ankle fractures that required surgery and removal of surgical hardware.
What is a slip or trip and fall accident?
A slip and fall accident, or a trip and fall accident, are types of premises liability claims, within the broader classification of personal injury claims, and both are based on a person slipping or tripping on the premises of another and suffering injury as a result.
Slip and fall accidents occur when a person falls after the person loses their footing on a slippery or otherwise loose or defective surface. Trip and fall accidents occur when an obstacle obstructs a walkway, causing the person to trip and fall. Generally, most property owners carry insurance that covers these accidents.
A person who is injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident may be entitled to recover substantial monetary compensation and damages for the injury from the property owner and/or person in possession of the premises where the injury occurred.
Commercial businesses, homeowners, and property managers all have a lawful duty to ensure their premises are safe. Among other things, this includes the duty to:
- Inspect the property
- Address any dangerous conditions
- Anticipate reasonably foreseeable accidents
- Take reasonable precautions to prevent injuries
- Warn visitors and the public about any known safety hazards
Where do slip and fall or trip and fall accidents happen?
Both slip and fall accidents and trip and fall accidents can happen just about anywhere. At your workplace, at a private home, in retail stores, in commercial buildings, or while walking on a sidewalk. These types of accidents occur more commonly on commercial properties.
These are some common places where slip and fall and trip and fall accidents occur:
- Grocery stores and markets
- Gas stations
- Convenience stores
- City and town roadways and sidewalks
- Tourist attractions
- Commercial office buildings
- Retail stores
- Apartment buildings
- Parking garages
- Public parks and playgrounds
- Movie Theaters
- Amusement parks
Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries or death
When private properties and public spaces have not been properly designed, inspected for hazards, or properly maintained, members of the general public are unknowingly exposed to the risk of serious injuries or even death.
These are some common causes of slip and fall and trip and fall accidents:
- Dangerous walkways
- Broken or uneven stairways and broken or missing stairway railings
- Recently mopped, washed, or waxed floors
- Wet floors
- Broken, cracked, or uneven surfaces on walkways
- Torn, damaged, or ripped carpeting or rugs
- Loose or broken flooring, tiles, stairs, or handrails
- Uneven walkway surfaces
- Walkways with a sudden change of elevation
- Liquid pooling from leaks
- Protruding objects in walkways
- Poor lighting or no lighting
- Building code violations
Who is liable for injuries caused by slip and fall or trip and fall accidents?
Multiple parties can potentially be held liable for slip and fall accidents and trip and fall accidents. Determining who is liable is an important first step. Our law firm will thoroughly investigate your case and determine the parties who are liable for your injuries. Slip and fall injury claims are governed by premises liability law. California premises liability law holds individual property owners and commercial businesses accountable based on the principle of negligence. This negligence can take many different forms, from building code violations to ignoring known property defects, and failing to inspect their property.
All types of property owners can potentially be held liable, as can all different types of businesses.
Can I bring a slip and fall or trip and fall lawsuit against the Town, County, City, State, or other government entity?
Yes. If your fall injury was caused by the carelessness of a state, city, or local government employee in California, or if you tripped and fell on a broken or cracked section of a city or town-owned sidewalk, any claim you file will follow a special set of rules. If your claim involves a public entity such as a Town, City, County, or State, you have only six months under California law to prepare and file a formal notice of your claim. If they reject your claim, you have only six months from the rejection of your claim to file a lawsuit. Obtaining counsel immediately after an accident is important to ensure all deadlines are met.
What is California’s Statute of Limitations for slip and fall and trip and fall injuries?
California law states that injured parties have two (2) years from the date of the injury on a privately owned property to file a lawsuit or settle the claim. The claim does not need to be finalized or resolved within this timeframe, but the injured party must file their lawsuit within the two-year window from the date the accident occurred.
If your claim involves a public entity such as a Town, City, County, or State, you have only six (6) months under California law to prepare and file a formal notice of your claim. If they reject your claim, you have only six (6) additional months from the rejection of your claim to file a lawsuit. Obtaining counsel immediately after an accident is important to ensure all deadlines are met.
What types of damages can I recover after a slip and fall or trip and fall accident?
- Current and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress
- Compensation for disability or disfigurement
- Loss of earning capacity
- Current and future wage loss
- Loss of consortium for your spouse
- Compensation for damage to any personal property (eyeglasses, laptop, etc.)
We help slip and fall and trip and fall accident victims get the compensation they deserve
Our law firm will investigate your slip and fall or trip and fall accident claim to determine fault, prove liability, and get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. If needed, we work closely with highly respected accident reconstruction experts who fully understand the many causes of slip and fall and trip and fall accidents. Our experts will carefully examine the accident scene to determine the cause of the accident and help us prove liability in your case. We will hold the responsible parties accountable for your injuries, and seek the maximum compensation available for your claim.
What should I do after I have been injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident or if a loved one has died as a result of such accident, you or your family may be entitled to substantial compensation and damages. The Hassell Law Group will fight to ensure you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
The San Francisco premises liability accident attorneys at The Hassell Law Group are experts in personal injury and premises liability law and know how to recover damages for people who are injured by the fault of others.
If you were injured through the fault or negligence of a property owner, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. Don’t settle for less than your case is worth.
The Hassell Law Group has an undefeated record at trial and a longstanding reputation of being determined and tenacious fighters for our clients.
Find out how we can help you, call us today at (415) 334-4111
These are some steps to take immediately after a slip and fall or trip and fall accident
- Get immediate medical attention. Medical treatment is your priority. Dial 911 and request that paramedics be dispatched to the scene. Get seen right away at a hospital or other medical facility and provide a detailed description of all of your injuries.
- Report the incident to the property owner without delay, or make sure the report is made as soon as possible after the accident occurred. It is central to your claim.
- Contact an experienced premises liability lawyer. Experienced lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation of the circumstances surrounding your injuries and take steps to strengthen your claim, protect your legal rights, and position your case for the best outcome.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than your lawyer. Refer all parties who contact you regarding the accident directly to your lawyer.
The general information provided on this website should not be considered legal advice and does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, you should consult directly with an attorney. If you contact us by telephone, email, letter, or by contact form submission through this website, please note that such communication does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship. We cannot act as your attorney until we are hired as your attorney by a formal written agreement.